iPads in Education Road Show
September 28th, 2011
Join us for the iPads in Education Road Show taking place in four locations throughout North Dakota. EduTech’s own presenter, Charity Nix, will lead the Road Show. Apple’s Dan Pollema and Jacob Dekema will join us for this event. There will be two strands to choose from with content for Teachers, Technology Coordinators and Administrators.
Bring an iPad updated with the latest iTunes and the laptop you use to sync your iPad. If an iPad is not available to you, email email@example.com to request the use of one during the roadshow.
- 11/7 – Monday – Bismarck
- 11/8 – Tuesday – Valley City
- 11/9 – Wednesday – Fargo
- 11/10 – Thursday – Grand Forks
- Overview of day
- Productivity apps for all
- Summary of the last year at Apple: Ipad, Apple TV, iCloud, iOS 5, and Lion.
11:30 to 12:00 Lunch (provided by Apple)
12:00 to 1:50 Breakout Sessions
- Teachers and Administrators – Reinforce what is being taught in the classroom and to differentiate instruction. Focus on the basics of how to use an iPad, apps that help with productivity for teachers and administrators and apps for the students to use in all grades and subjects. Taught by Charity Nix – EduTech Information Technology Specialist
- Technology Coordinators – Learn about and discuss iOS Config and management, mass deployment of iPads including sync strategies, Lion Server Profile Manager including restrictions and management, volume purchasing and deployment of apps, iTunes tips and tricks as well as accounts, and Lions Server iOS file sharing. Taught by Jacob Dekema – Apple System Engineer
To register, go to: http://www.edutech.nodak.edu/training/topic/367/
Search my blog
Subscribe on Flipboard
- 1. Looking for Communities in need of Clothing, Shoes, school supplies, household items Mari Angela
- 2. Summer Camps and Childhood Development Jimmy Sorensen
- 3. Online Learning - A Significant Phenomenon of the New Digital Age Melissa Spears
- 4. Please leave comments and suggest APPS Thomas Whitby
- 5. Improve Student Outcomes: Lessons from Around the World Aparna Patankar