Odd bug uploading with WordPress

I noticed some odd behavior the other day, and I’m surprised it never came up earlier.

When uploading any file using Blogs@EduTech, if you click on the “Choose Files to Upload” button, it doesn’t do anything.  After clicking on the button about a dozen times using different browsers and platforms, I finally came to the conclusion that it wasn’t working (I’m a little slow sometimes). The Browser Uploader works fine.  After thinking over what has changed in the last week or so, the only thing I could think of was I finally updated my browser plugin from Flash 9 to Flash 10. Some searching brought me to this post which appears to confirm that Flash 10 is incompatible with WordPress v 2.6 (which we run).  The support post was made almost a year ago which REALLY seems to indicate I don’t update my plugins very often….

When we move to WordPress 2.7 the Flash Uploader will work happily once again.

About John

Description...
This entry was posted in Blogging and Podcasting and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Odd bug uploading with WordPress

1. I was wondering about that this morning when I was changing my EduMail Advanced Blog. I thought maybe I just forgot how to upload images and files…but now I know. Thanks John!