Notes on phone. The dot at the bottom is like the scroll ball on the Hero. Slide your finger across it to move the text cursor.
If you have already set up your device (gone through the multiple Next presses and are at the Home screen), then you can either wipe your phone or set up the accounts individually. Here are the options:
Option 1: configure accounts on phone that has been set up:
- Menu -> Settings -> Accounts & Sync. Add your Google and Exchange accounts there.
- Programs -> Mail. Menu -> More -> New Account. Add your Sendit account here using the above settings.
Option 2: Reset phone to factory defaults:
- Power off phone.
- Hold Down Volume, press/release power
- On the menu, use vol down to choose Clear Storage, Power to select. Then Vol Up to confirm.
- The phone should then reboot to factory state, and you can follow the guide above.
If your phone is active, you can just use the data plan, if not, you will get a SIM is not active, and have to configure wireless.
Tap Next, then Skip.
Leave Mobile Network or WiFi selected, tap Next
Setting up Wireless (can skip if data plan is active).
For wireless, leave Connect to Wi-Fi network checked. If you have a data connection, you can uncheck this box.
Wait a few seconds for the wireless networks to show up. Scroll down, and tap WPSDAES, WHSWireless, or any of our other wireless networks secured with 802.1x EAP.
Set a password for your credential storage, and remember it.
- For Identity, enter your logon name (for John Doe): wpsd\doejoh – or- dist\doejoh
- Leave Anonymous Identity blank
- Enter your computer login password for password
- Tap connect
- After connected, tap Next
- Tap next.
Now you set up your various accounts, Google, Exchange, and Sendit (Other mail account).
Google is relatively simple, just enter your username/password, then follow the prompts.
Exchange Active Sync (calendar, etc.)
For Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org, e.g. email@example.com
Password is your computer password
You will get a certificate warning. Click Continue.
- For Server Address, add 101-europa., so it looks like this: 101-europa.williston.k12.nd.us
- Domain should be WPSD (DIST for district office staff).
- Check: This server requires an encrypted SSL connection.
- Leave Mail, Contacts, and Calendar checked.
- After tapping Next, it should be set up for your calendar and contacts.
EduTech/Sendit Email account
Now set up your Sendit account by tapping: Other Mail Account.
- Enter your Sendit email address and password, and tap next.
- Scroll to the top, change Protocol to IMAP.
- For username, remove everything after the @ symbol so it is just your username.
- Change IMAP Server to: imap.sendit.nodak.edu
- Security type: SSL
Now outgoing settings:
- Change SMTP server to: smtp.sendit.nodak.edu
- Security Type: TLS
- Port: 587
- On the next screen, change Your Name to the name you want to display on outgoing emails.
- Check: Make this my default mail account.